Friday, July 1, 2011

My Creative Space - with just a 2 month hiatus

Well I know  I said a while ago that I was going to attempt to be a little more regular at posting this year but once again one thing led to another and life got in the way. Even though I have not been posting and updates/ creative persuits etc, I have been keeping up with what all the other lovely people out there in blogland are up to.

Last year I took part in my first ever gift exchange run by the very talented Linda at Craftaholics Anonymous and received a wonderful surpise in the mail, so when it was anounced again this year there was no hesitation in signing up. My swap partner this year was a lovely lady in Outback QLD who is leading a life I thought would have been mine when I first started University.

Reading through her blog, Live.Love.Sew I discovered a very talented and patient Keera ( anyone who quilts is extremely patient in my book) who loves both crafting and cooking - especially guided by the amazing Donna Hay.

So with my thinking cap on I tried to come up with a gift that would bring both of these together.
I immediately thought of one of my upcycled Silverware Cookbook Clip's personalised for Keera as the cooking part , and a project that I had been wanting to try for a long time as the other part.

And after deciding that fleting was not my thing, this is what was born....






... a cupcake pincushion ( I hope it was obvious)



I hoped that with the cotton cupcake wrapper it would have more of a Donna Hay look to it.

So overall I was very happy when I packaged my gift up and sent it on its way to Qld.



I dont think I have spoilt the surprise for Keera either by posting these pictures, as she left for her honeymoon yesterday and reading blogs will not be one of the planned activities for the next week or so.



Well this is just the start of quite a few updates of things that have been happening around here.
I hope to be a little more regular in posting from now on,  but no promises. ;)

To see what other creative types have been up to, check out and play along with  'Our Creative Spaces'

4 comments:

Genki said...

Such a cute pincushion! I'm sure she'll love it.

Ashlee said...

The pincushion is too cute. Are you going to do a tutorial on it? I love it!

Mihaela { Best Toys 4 Toddlers } said...

Very, very cute! :)

Linda@CraftaholicsAnonymous said...

That is an adorable pin cushion! Thanks for linking up to the Handmade Gift Exchange linky party! I love seeing what everyone made. The next Handmade Gift Exchange starts the first week of November, so mark your calendar! :)
happy crafting,
Linda

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails