Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Creative Space

YAY - they arrived!! My stamp set that is.....

So this week has seen me dig out some old spoons and some of these  ( everyday flat washers, that is) .....

and make some of these......







...... More practice is needed to make sure the imprints are deep and even and silver spoons are much easier than the flat washers. Others have been made but they are now touring outback NSW and I forgot to get photos before they went to their new home.


(I know this isn't Basil but mid winter is not going to find much basil growing in vegie gardens. Plus I am standing in the rain on a very wet Melbourne morning to take these photos so parsley will do.)


( As the rain was getting heavier, only one shot of each spoon was taken so their was no 'choice' to be made for the best shot/lighting, lack of stray grass growing in the vegie garden etc.)
  


Practised versions of all of these will be available in my me2 madeit shop very soon....

~~~~~~~~~
Today was the opening day of the Quilt and Craft Fair in Melbourne and many hours were spent fossicking through beads, fabric, silver blanks and the  best store for any sort of gadget you could think of. www.punchwithjudy.com.au . (Finally a supplier of freezer paper in Aus!) If I had the patience to make quilts there would be even more to choose from - especially a thing they call the Curve Master Presser Foot , solely for sewing curves without the need to clip or press the seam flat!
If I could knit there is also this great book called "Really Wild Tea Cosies" - hmmmm, now who do I know who knits and has time on their hands.......sis?
The day was not all spent drooling however - apart from a selection of charms, pendants and some sterling silver pendant blanks, I did buy myself a darning foot for my machine. ( my main reason for going to the fair)



I have watched  Alisa Burke do lovely free form stiching on her blog as she transforms clothes, furnishings etc and wanted to give it a go myself, so, first thing done on arriving home today was to play with my new toy. I only got time for one attempt but was very happy with it and can't wait for the chance to do more. If this is what a first attempt looks like, the future looks promising.


To find out what other creative types are up to today, pop on over to Kootoyoo and gaze upon some amazing talent.

5 comments:

byebyebirdie said...

what a busy day. your spoons and necklaces look great.

Bellgirl said...

Oh, I've been wondering if those Curvemaster things are any good- and I definitely need some of those spoons, I'll keep an eye out in your shop!

Jodie said...

I love the spoons! What an amazing idea! I'm sad to have missed the Quilt and Craft fair this year but I was just too darn busy :(

Maxabella said...

Your jewellery and spoons are just incredible. I love them.

And you sew too! I am always amazed at how mega-talented the blogworld is. I'm going to follow you to see how you go with your new darning love!!

Anna Bartlett said...

Lovely to see how you've done your spoons and jewellery - but oh, the possibilities of the darning foot are so exciting - just try not to stitch your fingers (I'm telling you from experience!)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails