Monday, August 9, 2010

The Highs and Low of a Sunday

After being on a high tonight after a very successful Mornington Market, 2 more internet orders, new outlet opportunities for my spoons coming to me without any prompting, enquiries for purchasing my train and car caddies and both my stores being featured on the madeit front page at the same time, I was disappointed when perusing madeit that I found someone, who within 3 days of my spoons being listed, had flooded the market with exactly the same thing, only instead of using vintage sliver spoons, they use old stainless steel spoons.
Before I listed  there was no-one doing anything like this on madeit. I know and understand I cant expect to be the only one selling garden spoons but it was still a bummer on such a good day.
With the day giving both highs and lows on the crafting front I am choosing to stick with the positives as they certainly outweigh the negative and as I continually tell Sarah to look for the good in something, focus on that and try to find something good in a so-called negative, I have to lead by example and remind myself that 'imitation is the best form of flattery'.


So lets go out on a positive - Mumasupial and me2 on the front page at once.




I hope you have had a lovely weekend and if in Melbourne, enjoyed the rain-free, almost hinting at spring, couple of days.

Ho Hum, once again a post will appear on the following day as I forgot the time and finished it after midnight.

2 comments:

Bellgirl said...

Your spoons are absolutely the best!

Kellie Christie said...

Congratulations on your fabulous success!! The one thing to remember about copiers is that you will always be one step ahead :) I myself have a copier who actually purchased directly from me before I knew who she was. She made these purchases to see how I made a couple of my products and now she is making them and selling them too!!! Unbelievable!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails