Saturday, September 11, 2010

30 Photos in 30 Days - Day 11

September 11. Oh what memories that brings back.
On the actual day of attack I was feeding stale breadstick with a 1yr old Sarah to the ducks in a small french village - enjoying what I thought was to be our last day in France (we were supposed to fly out Sept 12th) when Brett rang on a very archaic mobile phone to tell me a plane had just flown into the World Trade Centre in New York. I assumed it was a little plane and an accident so continued our stroll in the park blissfully unaware. It was only on returning to the flat that I realised the enormity of it all.
Fast forward to 2007. I had spent 1 1/2 days with contractions 7 mins apart and although I desperately wanted that baby out even if she was only 35 weeks I did not want her born on Spet 11 and have her birthday overshadowed by an act of terrorism. As it was the contractions stayed at 7 mins apart for another 24 hours ( making it 3 days on total) until I think half as an act of mercy she was born at 1:30pm Sept 12th.
Todays photo will be posted tomorrow due to technical difficulties with the memeory card reader.

and as promised yesterdays photo - nothing to do with Spetember 11. Just a nice photo of Sarah and Mr Guinea Pig ( so named by Mia after the guinea pig in Pinky Dinky Doo)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails